An Average Week in the Life of Jacob’s Porch

Tell me your story.
Do you know how much Jesus has messed up my life?
Really, we’re going to wheel a piano out to the Oval for worship?
We need more fast songs in worship.
I think I need to get tested.
We need more slow songs in worship.
Ulcerative colitis? Not anymore. The doctors don’t understand. It disappeared.
It’s about community.
My girlfriend broke up with me.
How do you know that God really loves me?
I wish that someone would have told me about one of the consequences of sex could be a broken heart.
Who are you and what are you doing here?
Time for more one on ones.
No place I would rather be. No place I would rather be. Than here in your love...
Who wants Chipotle?
I think I’m pregnant.
God please give me a sign.
My dad is an alcoholic.
I think I’m supposed to defer my scholarship for a year and live in the basement of the porch.
I just want to be loved.
I think God is calling me to be a missionary.
I’m not sure I believe in God.
Every step is the way.
My roommate and I get up early every morning to pray.
The Bible only brings up more questions when I read than answers.
One small step.
Do you understand how mindblowingly awesome God’s love is?
I just heard the dumbest joke...
I’m not sure anyone really likes me.
I get up early every day to read my Bible with my friends.
Who’s going to Dube it up with us tonight? (Aka The Blue Danube)
My parents are abusive.
My roommate is an atheist and I just told her that Jesus loves her.
It was a miracle. My finger was supposed to get amputated and God healed me.
I think I found a way to change the world.
Did you see Steve’s latest tweet about working in the Union?
There are babies dying in Africa.
Do you know how much Jesus loves you?
Is it ok to kiss my boyfriend?
Beautiful are the words spoken to me. Beautiful is the One who is speaking.
I’m not sure there’s enough money to keep the porch open. We should pray.
If the cross is real, that changes everything.
I gave up drinking.
It’s 4.12. Time to pray.
There are people who are hungry and dying. Why don’t we feed them?
I don’t do drugs anymore.
I don’t have any words to say what Jesus has done for me.
He is my portion and we are his prize. Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes.
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss...
Do you realize how revolutionary Matthew 25 is? What Jesus is asking us to do?
Welcome to the story, sorry it’s going to ruin your life.



Keep Church Weird.

Comments

Popular Posts