Spirit speaks...

A day off that turned into a half day off. As I was running around gathering the last few things for our first worship service of the quarter tomorrow at Jacob's Porch, I was trying to move as quickly as possible so I could get home and hopefully get some time to rest. A stop by Holy Trinity to pick up a manger and poinsettias, throwing them in my car, pulling up to the porch and seeing some people out back. My heart dropped because I just wanted to quickly run in & then out again and go about my day.

And even more so I saw it was Ninety-Nine and Spirit ringing the doorbell, looking for some hot food for lunch but no one had answered the door. I pause in my car, the moment to quickly just get away was there for the taking. A deep sigh coupled with my soul groaning, 'forgive me Jesus. Please forgive me.'

Getting out of my car and both of our street friends come over happy to see me. Well, if I'm honest, Spirit was happy to see me and of course Ninety-Nine was in his drunk/sleepy phase of the day, but Spirit dragged him along saying, 'Don't you see, the lady has stuff in her car, we're going to help her bring it in. Come on brother. You take two plants, and I'll take two. Come on now.'

So as they are helping me prepare for worship tomorrow night and I'm grabbing some food for them to eat, conversation continues. Talking about faith, life, who Jesus is in our lives, hope, being thankful, and what family is. Ninety-Nine who is mostly asleep in his drunken state, out of no where, wakes up momentarily and speaks. And at first I turned around because I thought it was Spirit, but it didn't sound like his voice, so I was confused. As I turn around, I see that Spirit is just as astonished as I am and Ninety-Nine continues talking about what a blessing the people in Jacob's Porch are and the blessing that God's family is. Then back to his drunken sleep.

Spirit smiles, I smile and the conversation continues. And I am incredibly thankful. Thankful that God caused my heart to move in me and remind me to take time for my family even when I was tired, thankful that God sent Ninety-Nine to preach the Gospel to me today and for the encouragement of the Spirit through Spirit. May God continue to open our eyes so that we might see His Kingdom...

Comments

Popular Posts