Wisdom according to 99

Last weekend was a long weekend. An incredibly long weekend and an incredibly good weekend. Capped off with dance worship at Jacob's Porch. Yup. Dance. Worship. You read that correctly. A few of our street friends joined us, thankful for the warm place to sit & food....although sleeping through most of worship. That was fine.

After dinner and worship I was saying goodbye to 99. He's best described as 'feisty.' I told him that I was glad he was here, and I hoped that he stayed warm and safe as the night went on.... But begging him to stay out of trouble. He looked at me in all seriousness and said, how did you know? I told him that one of our students had seen him earlier that week, late on an evening and had called me.

He looked me straight in the eyes and said, "You know who told her to call?" Umm...I didn't. He pointed his finger up towards the sky. "He called her. And she called you. That's how God works. I'm really thankful that He's watching out for me and you guys have my back. He called me. He called her. He called you."

A truer statement has never been made. He calls us, makes us His own. And then blesses us with this gift called community. 99 sharing I John 4.7-12 in his own words. I guess he wasn't sleep after all.

He then got up and proceeded to dance for the next 20 minutes.

Oh the sweetness of the Gospel.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts